Upon accepting the Liebster Award, there are a few rules that need to be followed (of course, if you read the origin link above, feel welcomed to adjust as you please):
*Link back the blogger that tagged you
*Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
*Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
*Let your nominees know of their award
TwinMomLife asked these questions for the nominees:
1. In which country/state do you live? What is one positive and one negative about your state?
I live in Denver, Colorado. My husband and I are originally from Indiana, and moved here 5.5 years ago after graduating from college. We absolutely love Colorado! Positives: skiing in the mountains, gorgeous scenery, beautiful sunshine 300+ days per year, active lifestyles. Negatives: Nothing! Ok, the only negative is living far away from family.
2. What brought you to the blogging world? Has your blogging changed course at any point in time?
I started blogging exactly a year ago (February 2013) when I was newly pregnant. I had seen others who have documented their pregnancies on a blog, so I decided to do that for my own pregnancy. It started as a completely secret blog that no one knew about. Now, it has transitioned from a pregnancy blog to an “all things mommy” blog. Oh, and it’s no longer a secret. In fact, I have made a lot of friends who are fellow bloggers!
3. What is your favorite baby and/or pregnancy and/or comfort item?
My favorite baby item is the Wabbanub pacifier. Winter truly loves the 3 of these “friends” she has. We have a monkey named George, a frog named Frederick and a lamb named Lana.
4. What was the highlight of your 2013?
My highlight of 2013 was the birth of my daughter, Winter Elizabeth. Hands down. She is such a joy and blessing in our lives.
5. What is your big goal for 2014?
I have a goal to run a half marathon in April 2014. I have run 7 previous half marathons, but it would be nice to beat my best time and set a new PR (personal record) post partum. I want to know that I can be just as fit (or FITTER!!) after having a baby than I was before I had a baby. Another goal is to be the BEST MOM I can be to my growing daughter.
6. You’re stuck in major traffic. What are you listening to for stress relief?
KLove. I love Christian music. Any good worship songs (like Chris Tomlin!) will always lift my spirit and get my mental focus on what really matters.
7. What’s your idea of a great date night?
Right now it would be amazing just to HAVE a date night. With a newborn, it’s tough to get away. I love going out for dinner. I also love to ski with my husband, so a day of skiing is always something we love doing together.
8. Is your blog anonymous or do you tell your friends & family in the real world about it?
When I was newly pregnant, this blog was a complete secret. Once I entered the 2nd trimester, I told my family about the blog. Slowly I started linking some of my blog posts to facebook so others could be involved too. One thing I love about blogging is all of the other fellow bloggers who I have become friends with on WordPress. Many of us were pregnant at the same time and now we are going through mommyhood together too!
9. Who is your hero?
My hero is my mom. She is a truly incredible woman. She and my dad raised us 8 children and did it flawlessly. My mom is humble and has a beautiful spirit.
10. What’s a topic you’ve been wanting to write about but just haven’t had the time, or weren’t sure how to write it or if it was “appropriate”?
One topic that I will probably never write about (because I don’t know how appropriate it would be!!) is about intimacy (or lack there of) between spouses post-partum. I know from word of mouth that other new moms have struggled to get back in the saddle again. It’s something that is on my mind a lot and I am curious to know how other new moms cope with this topic. I probably won’t ever write about the subject because it’s WAY too personal though!
My 10 Liebster Award Nominations Go To:
10 Questions to Answer in Your Blog:
1. What is your favorite part of being a mom?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world (expense-free!), where would you go?
3. When and why did you start your blog? And do your friends and family know about it?
4. What is your most memorable activity you have experienced with your baby?
5. What is your most prized possession?
6. If you could give your pre-baby self (when you were pregnant) advice, what would it be?
7. How do you work to feel confident in your postpartum body? What’s your fitness routine?
8. What websites or apps do you use a lot?
9. Who is your inspiration?
10. What is the first thing you do in the morning?